Because of the amount of spam and the level of detailed information we’re leaving here, I decided to restrict access to some pages only to registered users. If you register you will be able to see additional pages in the top menu, including:
– How to contact us
– Route and Itinerary
– Photo Gallery
– Photo Map
Please register using the “Register” link in the “Meta” menu on the left hand side bar. Registration is painless and fast and you will be able to log in straight away. If we get unknown people registering then I will lock it so we must approve any new registrations.
1. We went out walking down the beach on a rainy day thinking we didnt need sun lotion. We got sunburned.
2. After we got 5km down the beach we stopped for coffee at a hotel. Couldn’t find our wallets in the bag, turned out we left them in our room.
3. I didn’t get new swimming shorts before the trip despite knowing that my old ones had an uncomfortable lining. After the 10k walk I have a bad chafing rash in the groin area and will NOT be wearing those shorts again!
4. I cut my finger on a bottle cap while trying to open a bottle of Balashi beer with a dumbass swiss army knife.
5. On a rainy night we went out for dinner without our waterproof jackets. A torrential downpour hit us within 60 secs of leaving and we got soaked to the skin. And I was stoopid enough to choose to take the non waterproof camera instead of the waterproof one!
Stay tuned for “Top 5 Stoopid Things” we do in other countries around the world!
After we suffered 6 or 7 days of straight rain in St Lucia during the “dry season” in April, it looks like we’re quite unlucky with the weather in Aruba as well, with quite a bit of rain over the last couple of days. Last night we went out to dinner in clean and dry clothes, and about 60 seconds after we left the hotel, we got dumped on by a torrential shower, and stumbled back into the hotel soaked to the skin. Gave up our dinner plans and ate cheese sandwiches in our room washed down with some Balashi beer! Next time we take our waterproofs out to dinner with us, and I need to get a waterproof bag/case for my camera.
But at least it was OK for some diving on Friday and Saturday, and we got one good sunset on Friday:
We’ve done two days of diving (4 dives of 6) with Clive of Dive Aruba. It’s been a great, relaxed and stress-free experience. So far we dived:
- Sonesta Airplanes – first time I’ve been able to swim inside an aircraft cabin! Weird!
- Funnel Coral Reef
- Jane Sea Wreck – 250′ cement freighter in 60-90 ft of water. Really nice dive, with easy swimming around the cargo hold
- Barcadero Reef – shallower dive in 30-40′ – was supposed to be a drift dive but the current was so slight, it was more of just a “one-way dive”. Longest dive so far – nearly an hour.
We also got to test out our camera for the first time while scuba diving (with 40m housing). For the cost and size, the results are pretty good.. here’s an example of a Squirrel Fish.. More photos to follow.
First group of pictures uploaded into the Photo Gallery area – we’ll add more with the names of some of those fish once we’ve identified what they are!